★ UIL Realignment 2023-25 ★

Panther89

5 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

6 & 6

LE joins D6

GW moves west to D5

No way they take GW out of the same district as Sabine and WO. Those schools are way too close to each other. One possibility I’ve heard is a North and South district. Atlanta and LE join D5 and Mineola joins D6. Pottsboro goes region 1. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

No way they take GW out of the same district as Sabine and WO. Those schools are way too close to each other. One possibility I’ve heard is a North and South district. Atlanta and LE join D5 and Mineola joins D6. Pottsboro goes region 1. 

So by this logic, those 3 have always been in the same district since they have been the same classification?  I may be wrong but I don't think that is true.

My prediction may be wrong but I'm not sure I am ready to go as far as saying "no way" Sabine, GW, and WO won't be split up.

Find out in Feb

Edited by Sportsjunkiee

8 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

I assume Sherman is going to be stuck with the Friscos again -- if it is a question of being there or in this one, I assume they would express their desire to be with the Friscos for travel purposes

If DeSoto doesn’t opt up just replace them with Sherman.

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

If DeSoto doesn’t opt up just replace them with Sherman.

You missed my point -- why would Sherman fit travel wise with that district compared to just going back with the Friscos if the number of teams in those districts wouldn't make a difference. Your initial non-DeSoto district wouldn't make that much sense

2 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

You missed my point -- why would Sherman fit travel wise with that district compared to just going back with the Friscos if the number of teams in those districts wouldn't make a difference. Your initial non-DeSoto district wouldn't make that much sense

Because they were in the district before with the same travel time, I’m not missing your point. And with having North right down the street. And if they can put Lufkin in our district the last two seasons with them having to drive all the way up to McKinney north from deep east Texas what makes you think that they will not put Sherman in the same district again?

55 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I actually said the same thing a little while back about GW going West with D5

I can’t ever remember a time when GW, Sabine, and WO weren’t in the same district when they were in the same division. Anything is possible with the uil though.

12 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I remember ARP and Troup being in separate districts years ago. First mistake was thinking they’re logical or seen a map.

11 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I can’t ever remember a time when GW, Sabine, and WO weren’t in the same district when they were in the same division. Anything is possible with the uil though.

2005-06

Gladewater, Sabine, Pittsburg, Gilmer, Mineola

White Oak, Carthage, Center, Tatum, Spring Hill

BTW, when I looked it up, these 2 scores really stood out along with WO making the playoffs

Carthage 22   WO 14

WO 34   Center 7

Edited by Sportsjunkiee

37 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

2005-06

Gladewater, Sabine, Pittsburg, Gilmer, Mineola

White Oak, Carthage, Center, Tatum, Spring Hill

BTW, when I looked it up, these 2 scores really stood out along with WO making the playoffs

Carthage 22   WO 14

WO 34   Center 7

Yep my memory has failed me. Getting old stinks. 
White Oak used to be good. 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Stupid map would only let me do 30 pins without paying, so you get this instead of the full class...lol....numbering system is irrelevant here. 

1:

Colmesneil

Evadale

Deweyville

West Hardin

Hull-Daisettaa

Sabine Pass

2: 

West Sabine

Overton

Mt. Enterprise

Alto 

Cushing 

Tenaha

3:

Lovelady

Grapeland

Iola

Chilton

Bremond

Wortham

Ohhhh that Chilton district, be like back in their state championship year district full of contenders.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:36 PM, cujoforlife said:

Seeing that they are playing for a state championship this week. They probably won’t put it in until after that.

From what I've read they're most likely not going to opt for the other sports outside of football and basketball. Theyve also been projected to join Red Oak district in every mock ive seen.

7 minutes ago, ROHOAlum said:

Ohhhh that Chilton district, be like back in their state championship year district full of contenders.

Lol....so would the West Sabine district....... plus Colmesneil and West Hardin would be in one where they have a shot......but the UIL never matches my predictions even though these 3 are logical......lol

• Like 1