Center Roughriders 5-2 (2-1) @ Carthage Bulldogs 8-0 (4-0) Senior Night

JBizzle

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, JBizzle said:

Center visits Carthage on Senior Night at Bulldog Stadium. Center has been scoring an insane amount of points, but Carthage hasn’t allowed much of anything this season.

Let’s get it started!!!

Carthage will put a whoopin on Center and make a good Center team look bad. Dawgs just on a completely different level than everyone else. 

1 minute ago, MuleSlicks said:

I wouldn't be surprised that Center gives them Dogs all they can handle..

Easy there. You better let sleeping Dawgs lie.

I know Center just took an injury depleted Van team behind the woodshed,  but let's not get carried away thinking they have a chance with big brother up the road.  Center will have the best chance to score on Carthage out of anyone in their district, but IF it happens it won't be often.  

Dawgs big

The Dawgs were hitting on all cylinders last night. 
Coach Surratt will have the Dawgs in playoff mode against Center. 
Center will not stop the Dawg offense and the Dawg Defense will be excited to see what they can do against the high scoring Center offense. 
I have a feeling the Center QB is going to be awful sore come Saturday morning.

Lets Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

number 9 🏆 is the goal. 
God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs were hitting on all cylinders last night. 
Coach Surratt will have the Dawgs in playoff mode against Center. 
Center will not stop the Dawg offense and the Dawg Defense will be excited to see what they can do against the high scoring Center offense. 
I have a feeling the Center QB is going to be awful sore come Saturday morning.

Lets Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

number 9 🏆 is the goal. 
God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

Oh for got to mention the freshman phenomenon, second time he touches the ball playing with the starters and he breaks three tackles and goes 73 yards for TD. That young man can fly. 
Can you imagine how he feels this morning. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Oh for got to mention the freshman phenomenon, second time he touches the ball playing with the starters and he breaks three tackles and goes 73 yards for TD. That young man can fly. 
Can you imagine how he feels this morning. 

The embarrassment of riches is just too unfair.  Next season this district will have a supplemental draft and every other team gets 2 Dawgs of their choice.  Then maybe they'll be a competition at the top of this district.

Might have to be 3 each

• LOL! 2

9 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

The embarrassment of riches is just too unfair.  Next season this district will have a supplemental draft and every other team gets 2 Dawgs of their choice.  Then maybe they'll be a competition at the top of this district.

Might have to be 3 each

QB position cannot be part of that conversation!

Haha! 

• LOL! 1

With as many points as Center has scored this year, it feels weird to imagine them not scoring even just once in this game… 

But it’s hard to argue with what the Carthage defense has done this year. Optimistically I’m going with 56-7 Carthage. Maybe 56-14. It is Senior Night and they want to get all the seniors in, including the ones that don’t play much, so as long as it’s not a close game the backups will play a lot and Center will score.

• Like 1

Best case for Carthage: Although facing a better offense than they have been under the Friday Night Lights, the young Bulldog defense again pitches a shutout. Carthage wins by the familiar score of 49-0.

Best case for Center: The Roughriders are able to dent the Bulldog defense. However, that isn’t all good news for them, as the Bulldogs leave their starting offense in for more than the typical  2-1/2 quarters. Carthage wins 63-14.

Edited by BevBrownJr
  • Like 1

I honestly think coach S  uses this game to build on his offense.dont really think he goes yard every time,every series. Personally I think he takes this opportunity to grind his o line and throw to stay ahead of the chains.Work on the short game,let his D eat and perfects any perceived weakness that he and other coaches may suspect...He is always playing three d chess and looking at what ahead of him at same time..35-42 to 7-14 Carthage and let's seniors and backups get quality playing times. You can bet CS still bothers him for a couple more years.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Both teams bring their A+ game: Car 63 Cen 21

Carthage A+ game versus Center C game: Car 63 Cen 7

Carthage C game versus Center A+ game: Car 42 Cen 28. 

I don’t see Center scoring 14 on the Dawgs, I think the Dawg D Tee’s off on the Center QB making him run for his life and make bad throws or sacked. Center has not stop any team’s offense and makes me believe the Dawgs offense scores every time they get the ball.

Look forward to walking on the field with my senior daughter before the game…

After that, I expect the Dawgs to put a whoopin on Center. I think Center will give the dawgs the biggest test of district due to Vans injury situation. I don’t expect it to be close, but closer than the other district matches…so they will score.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Just to be clear, I accidentally voted for Center at 4:46am, I'm not awake yet. In no way, shape, or form do I believe Center wins this game. Carry on. 

I hope they get a competitive game. Playoffs are a different game. However, no one stopping Carthage. Probably would win D1 if you let them lol.

• Like 2