REGIONAL FINAL: CARTHAGE vs. GILMER @ Rose Stadium in Friday at 7 PM

RETIREDFAN1

Carthage vs. Gilmer   

117 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Finals

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Acewell said:

Most exciting, and dramatic game I've seen in a long time.

I thought Gilmer blew the upset when Carthage let them score, and they took the bait. Then definitely when Carthage forced OT, and again when they were held to a fg.

Congratulations!

That's exactly how I saw it.....Carthage decided to let Gilmer score so they could get the ball back and have a chance.  And guess what??? It worked to their advantage to send the game into OT.  But that Gilmerite football angel was hovering closeby and the Carthagenians didn't know it.  

3 minutes ago, lobo9599 said:

You are killing me this evening. 😂😂 I’m just happy that Forney beat Lancaster. Really happy for the Gilmer player that lost his mom and aunt a few weeks ago. 

Oh I forgot about that. This is outstanding definitely rooting for them all the way.

Great game and a battle till the end. Great night for this young team and a heck of an achievement for anyone. Everyone counted Gilmer out but they never lost their composier when they made mistakes. Kept grinding and eventually it paid off. Enjoy the night fellas and on to the next game. Go Buckeyes!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Was in Tyler earlier eating at Posado's and saw a bunch folks wearing red. Came home a pulled up Youtube to watch the game. Glad I did. It's a good one.

You probably saw me. I was pretty much the lone Buckeye fan in there with an orange hoodie. Someone could have warned me I was walking into a Carthage reunion there! 😂

1 hour ago, jubilant said:

I'm so ecstatic.  Do I think  we can win it all. I'm realistic.  Glen Rose will be tough....... and Bellville looks to be a monster.  But for tonight,  I'm gonna relish in a team that wasn't scared of the Big Bad Wolf. I am so proud of my Buckeyes 

Congratulations, y’all earned it!

I still can't believe what happened. When Carthage tied it up, I was certain they would go on and win in overtime.

This feels like a fluke event. That's because Carthage has such a dynasty going.

Gotta congratulate all the players and coaches on both sides. They'll remember this the rest of their lives.

I know I will and I was a mere spectator.

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Boy I need I’m serving spoiled crow so yall make sure yall come get some 

I’ll take my helping, please.  I did not think we’d blow y’all out, but did think we’d win by double digits and our defense would control your offense.

Our defense did well at times and poorly, especially our secondary had a hard time tonight.

Congratulations to the Gilmer players, coaches and community on a great win.

Go Dawgs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Myself and Van HC Jared Moffat watched the end of the game in the pressbox...when Carthage sent it to OT we said "No way Carthage loses"

Credit to Gilmer they hung in there and made plays when it counted, incredible win against all the odds

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

Myself and Van HC Jared Moffat watched the end of the game in the pressbox...when Carthage sent it to OT we said "No way Carthage loses"

Credit to Gilmer they hung in there and made plays when it counted, incredible win against all the odds

Yep, when we sent it to OT I thought there was no chance we’d lose.

Then when we held Gilmer to the FG I thought we for sure were going to win.

We had some big mistakes tonight, but Gilmer earned this victory and should revel in it for a good bit.