Week 2: Gilmer @ Kilgore

HJR7

Who's your pick  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Gilmer or Kilgore

• Kilgore
    • Gilmer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

• HJR7 changed the title to Week 2: Gilmer @ Kilgore
39 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s possible, but I was showing a little respect to the Bux.  I don’t think they have ever given up more points in a game one loss than Spring Hill.  It’s a tough morning in Gilmer.

I understand, though I do feel the athleticism of Kilgore and their defense will win the game in a fairly comfortable fashion. 

Nobody in the district had anything to brag about after Thursday and Friday. LE, Pitt, Spring Hill, and Gilmer all lose, and PG scratched out a low scoring win. But unless Gilmer defense really improves, they are going to have to win Track Meet style:  just scoring as quickly and as much as they possibly can.  Don’t know if Kilgore is a team they can do that to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Nobody in the district had anything to brag about after Thursday and Friday. LE, Pitt, Spring Hill, and Gilmer all lose, and PG scratched out a low scoring win. But unless Gilmer defense really improves, they are going to have to win Track Meet style:  just scoring as quickly and as much as they possibly can.  Don’t know if Kilgore is a team they can do that to. 

Gilmer will probably get 3 to 7 plays over 25 yards but doubt they can get a push enough against Kilgore’s d-line to consistently move the chains.  I look for both teams to score 27 or more. 

• Like 1

I don't know the last time Gilmer started a season out 0-2, but I think it happens in 2023. I think Kilgore is feeling equal parts confident and upset after that Carthage game. Gotta think the Bulldogs feel like they let a winnable game -- albeit very hard-fought and hard-hitting -- get away. It's that frustration, paired with the confidence they gained from last week, that propels them past the Buckeyes this week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

I don't know the last time Gilmer started a season out 0-2, but I think it happens in 2023. I think Kilgore is feeling equal parts confident and upset after that Carthage game. Gotta think the Bulldogs feel like they let a winnable game -- albeit very hard-fought and hard-hitting -- get away. It's that frustration, paired with the confidence they gained from last week, that propels them past the Buckeyes this week.

Maybe the K Dogs are just the better team this year?

I have looked back at the historical record and it appears to me that 1998 was the last time Gilmer started out 0-2.

In fact, it was worse. They started out 0-3:

Paris 50 Gilmer 27

Carthage 35 Gilmer 7

Longview Pine Tree 49 Gilmer 27

• Crybaby 1